Other interesting articles related to alpaca as meat or carne.
- http://www.alpaca.org.nz/alpaca-info/service-four/ (Once here, we recommend reading "Towards an Alpaca Meat Industry" which is a PDF article available for download on this page.)
Ground Alpaca Meat
- Please contact us for meat orders as shipping charges vary depending on destination. We aim to provide the most inexpensive yet effective packaging to ensure freshness upon delivery.
We have decided as a family farm that we need to be successful now and in the future. We pride ourselves on the care we provide for our animals yet as much as we love these animals we realize it is not practical nor sustainable to grow our herd larger than what the market dictates.
Alpaca meat has consistently been a main source of nutrition all around the world and is considered a delicacy in most places. Ground alpaca meat is extremely nutritious and is the perfect alternative to beef. Alpaca meat is very tender, lean, and tastes very similar to beef. We have found that very few consumers even notice a difference in taste, texture and look! What customers have found is that they are eating a healthier option to other meats as alpaca meat is lower in calories, fat, cholesterol yet remains high in protein content. Ground alpaca meat can be substituted for ground beef, turkey and chicken in any recipe.
- Our alpaca meat is processed at a local, highly respected, USDA facility.
- We are licensed through the state of Michigan to warehouse and distribute our products.
- Each vacuum sealed package contains 1 lb ground alpaca meat.
- We offer farm pickup (by appointment) as well as standard shipping. We only ship Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to ensure quality upon delivery. (We have been known to deliver if we are headed in the same direction...)
- Feel free to contact us with special or bulk orders or any questions!